Back to school means back to routine. From drop-offs and pick-ups to helping with homework, this time of year is just as busy for parents as it is for their kids. When you’re constantly on the go, these tasty turmeric treats contains antioxidants, making them the perfect nutritious snack! Just whip up a batch on Sunday nights and grab ‘em and go all week long.
- 2 tsp ground turmeric (6 capsules of Nature's Bounty Turmeric)
- ¾ cup coconut flakes
- ¼ cup raw almonds
- 1 cup almond butter
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Add all ingredients (only ½ coconut flakes) to a food processor and blend on high until mixture starts sticking together. Periodically use a spatula to scrape the sides as needed if ingredients are sticking.
- Place mixture in a small bowl then refrigerate for 30 minutes to harden.
- Begin scooping out mixture using 1 tbs at a time and roll into little balls
- Place ball on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and repeat until the entire mixture is used up.
- Refrigerate baking pan for at least 4 hours before serving, then roll balls into remainder of coconut flakes.
- Store in the fridge for up to a week.